Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 7


Saturday Aug 7.


We were in no rush to get off the ship,, and they did not have that awful "see you real soon banner up" it always makes me sad.

It was about 9:00 AM when we walked out of the cruise terminal and got in line for a taxi

Nieuw Amsterdam

 and probably 9:45 when we got to the Novetel City Centre Hotel. It was a zoo there, but we found someone to store our bags.

The hotel was close to the Metro so we were off and our destination was Parc Guell. The Metro was clean and easy to figure out our way around, Sydney was the navigator. We got off and there were even signs directing us to Parc Guell. It was hot in Barcelona but luckily the stop we got off at , the roads were shaded and there were outdoor escalators in the middle of the street to take us up. And it was up, and steep, it took about 20 minutes to get there. At the back of this picture  is the metro and it is uphill all the way.

The Parc was beautiful and being Saturday there were lots of people around. I could have spent hours looking around.

Lauren does not like to get her picture taken why there is so many from behind

but the girls were getting bored as it was too hot to go run around the park, so we headed back. I wish I had retraced our steps, but I saw signs to a Metro so I just followed them, but it was through busy non shaded streets and it took forever, probably close to an hour.

We made it back to the Metro and the hotel. Right across from hotel is a large Mall so we spend some time shopping and having lunch.

It was then off to the hotel to see if our room was ready and you guessed it hit the swimming pool. The pool was on the roof of the hotel and the view of the ocean and city was breathtaking.

It was hard getting the girls out of the pool but they were getting hungry so they finally got out. We headed back to the Mall across the street and had dinner at Subway. After that we hit the grocery store to pick up snacks for the flight home. It is always neat to go to grocery stores in new places, the meat aisle was interesting they seemed to have sides of beef hanging and someone cuts what you want, but I think it was all cooked meat.

One last swim and that was our day in Barcelona, everyone was pretty tired.

Sunday we had to get up early and we took a taxi to the airport. There was not much of a lineup for check in so it was not a mad rush like when we left.

We flew to Montreal and that was ok, but the flight Montreal to Toronto, there was a baby who screamed a lot of the flight and it was not fun, I can’t imagine having that for the whole flight.

No dead car batteries so we made it home without any problems.

We had a wonderful time and we seem to have more fun each time.

Where too next ??

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your trip report, the photos here on the blog are great. Glad you enjoyed the cruise. Mel x