Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday post 9


Was out of memory for the camera so we have no more photos.

The alarm went off at 7:00 and it was a chore to get the girls up, but you need to be out of the room by 8:00. We made it with a few minutes to spare. I was hoping to head up to Topsiders for breakfast but the girls were sad about leaving and just wanted to go.

We headed off and went through the dreaded “See you real soon sign” .

The plan today was to rent a car and spend the day in Cape Canaveral, we had the car by 8:45 and were on the road. We went and played mini golf, by the time we were finished the girls had that “I have had too much fun and I can’t do anything more look” so I decided to head to Orlando.

I had won some Hyatt Choice Certificates so we were staying at the Airport tonight. Lauren fell asleep immediately and had quite the nap. We stopped for lunch and to also pick up some snacks for the flight home.

The girls did not believe me when I said we were staying at the airport and kept asking me where we were going, and were quite amazed when we got to our room over looking the airport security lines.

The Hyatt is a nice hotel but you sure to do notice that it is not the same level as Disney, and after a week of being treated like royalty you notice the difference. The pool area was a disaster with towels and garbage everywhere, but we had a nice swim.

We headed to Chili’s for dinner and then it was tv and bed. The girls were asleep by 8:30.

Our Flight was at 9:30 so we had to be out by 7:30 or so. Looking out the window you could see that security was busy. It sure is nice staying right at the airport and it made things so easy.

Flights home were on time. The Flight from Atlanta-Buffalo was oversold and I kick myself for not volunteering to be bumped, as they were offering $400 per person plus hotel, breakfast lunch and dinner, but they could not guarantee that we could get our luggage and I did not want to be stuck in Atlanta with no bathing suits.

We landed in Buffalo, got our luggage and headed home. The border was a zoo and it took over an hour, so we did not make it home till 8:15.

It was an amazing trip and such a treat to be able to spend time with the girls without having a million other things to do, but have fun.


  1. Hi, It's Goofy Mum from Dis. :)
    Really enjoyed reading your blog and viewing your pics. I envy you for having beautiful daughters. I was blessed with four sons!

    I'm a bit concerned with the comments you made about the "rocking" during dinner, broken dishes, etc. I'm worried to death I'll suffer from seasickness. I do tend to get sickie quite often which started when I was pregnant with my first son. Also worried since I'll be 'alone' I won't have anyone to look after me. Yes I am that much of a baby!

    The pics of you and the girls at Port Canaveral were so exciting. I'm saddened we won't have the privilege of having that pre-cruise, glamourous Port Canaveral buzz. The port at Dover is nothing short of grey and industrial.

    Decided to start a blog about our upcoming journey. I've never bloggged before!

  2. Hi again. I meant to ask you if you've ever done Palo, solo? It's without a question a romantic venue but I would hate to miss out on all the wonderful food I've been hearing so much about.