Saturday, September 17, 2011

Friday August 26

Aug 25. I woke up to a cold rainy morning. I went for breakfast and decided that I would skip racing to the park. In hindsight I wish I did as most of the rides are covered. I did get to the park by about 9:00 and it had stopped raining. I spent the morning and the park was pretty empty so it was easy to get on lots of the rides.

Disneyland Paris was a great way to spend a day getting over jet lag and I am glad that I went.

I had a 11:30 reservation for the TGV back to CDG and I made that easily. Once again a quick 10 minute ride and I was back at CDG.

I quickly found the Easyjet counters. I have read about how strict they are with luggage but I did not believe that it was that much of an issue, but with only 2 people in front of me, and 2 agents I was amazed that it took half an hour to drop my bag off. The poor people in front of me must not read how strict they are, so lots of reorganizing and then going off to another line to pay the 100 Euros surcharge and not able to assist any other passengers I had to wait.

Once I got to the agent it took all me all of 30 seconds and then it was off to wait for another flight this time to Barcelona.

I forgot to take a picture, but they had the ikea deck chairs in a small waiting area, I guess they would be good for sleeping.

Flight was only 2 hours and soon we approaching Barcelona for landing. Complete opposite of CDG by the time I got to the luggage belt, my bag was there. My plan since I was in Terminal 2 was to the take the train to Sants station and then the metro. I quickly spent my 8.25 euros for the T10 ticket (10 rides) and was on the platform to be told that the trains were not running and I would need to go on a shuttle bus. It was quick and I was at Sants Station by 4:30, it did take a while to get down to the correct level for the Metro (thank goodness I packed lighlyt) but the Metro in Barcelona is very clean, well marked and trains go every 3 or 4 minutes, so, easy to use.

I did get disoriented coming out of the Metro (streets signs are hard to find) and of course the last rain of the trip started, but I found a hotel and they were able to point me in the right direction.

I was staying at the AC Diplomatic which has just gone into partnership with Marriott so I was able to get a great employee rate. It was after 5:00 so I did miss the DCL representatives but there was a letter in my room detailing the luggage pick up and transfers so I was good to go and the best part was pick up was not till noon so I would not have to rush the next morning.

I was given a lovely v shaped room and it was huge and beautifully decorated. with a green bathroom.

 I dropped of my luggage and headed out to find dinner. I found a small pizza place and then it was off to El Corte Inglis the large department store at the top of La Ramblas. The views from the top floor were amazing, but lack of luggage space was discouraging me from shopping much this trip.

The hotel was no more than 5 minutes away so I walked back this time up the Pasig Garcia which was really busy with lots of people and outdoor cafes.

No comments:

Post a Comment