Saturday, September 24, 2011

Going home



Sunday




Last day of vacation. I was up early and hoping to find somewhere for breakfast, but nothing was open so I decided to head to the airport.



The airport bus was quick and I was there by 8:30. Air Canada was just opening up so I decided to drop off my bags.



The flight was oversold so I was able to be first on the bump list, they were not even guaranteeing getting out the next day but the compensation was 900 euros so I could not turn that down. Air Canada ended up bumping 11 people, and only 3 of us got out on Sunday. I would have loved another day in Barcelona as Air Canada’s expense but I guess it was not meant to be.



I ended up leaving 2 hours later on a British Airways flight to Heathrow connecting on an AC flight to Toronto arriving at 9:00.





Waiting for the bus at Placa D'Espanya







T1 in Barcelona is a a modern shopping centre, and I ended up with lots of time to look around.







Made it to London on this flight.






Terminal 3  at Heathrow is a little different as they have you wait in this inside waiting area  with no windows and then the gate area opens up 30 minutes or so before your flight.



Flight was fine , but Canada Customs was crazy and took almost an hour to get through, so I was not home until after midnight.





Heathrow, lots of big planes here.


It was a great cruise.  The Magic may not have all the bells and whistles of the Dream, but it is a lovely ship and the service was excellent. I was a little worried that 10 days on my own would be too much, but I met so many wonderful people and there was so much to see and do that there was no time to be lonely.
I was really glad that I ended up doing the DCL excursions that I did, they were all of a high standard and I had no issues with waiting for people or feeling rushed. Sure having more time at the Vatican would have been nice, but going in I knew it would be a hectic day. I would never have saw as much as I did  if I was on my own. I actually came back from this trip relaxed, but I did not do much at nigh back on the ship.

Loved Barcelona, it is such a great city. If I was to do it over I would skip Disney Land Paris and spend the extra time in Barcelona.

 Next time I will take the girls though, and look forward to seeing things through their eyes.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment