Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tuesday Aug 30

Sunrise as the Magic approaches the port of Civitavecchia, which is about about an hours train ride from the center of Rome.


Busses arriving for all the excursions.
Tuesday Aug 30 Rome.




Another early morning today I was doing the DCL excursion Jumping back to Eternal Rome. It was on a private train and it ended up being another great excursion. The train was quick about 50 minutes and by 9:30 we were arriving in St Petro station which is about a 10 minute walk to the Vatican. All the tours now have whisper guides which are headsets which make it very easy to listen to the tour guide without being right there. The day was surreal and I was in awe of seeing all these amazing sites. St Peters square was not that terribly busy when we arrived and we were quickly through Security into St Peters Basilica. The church was stunning and I unfortunately did not get any good pictures and only a few that were bad. I think I was too busy trying to take it all in. The ceiling and the floor were all breathtaking. I did get to see the Pieta but it was so crowded that I was not able to get very close.









Walking to the Vatican and the fist glimpse of St Peters Basilica.






We got there about 9:20 so Vatican Square was not very busy.

















In Side St Peter's



 A side chapel (these 3 pictures
 found on the internet as I seem to have taken so few inside)


The Pieta.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment